Fun Flocking Powder Manicure Nail Art Review from the Born Pretty Store w/ Cookie Monster Nail Art
I got the lovely opportunity to try the velvet nail art kit from the Born Pretty Store and I was even more excited because a follower requested it.
The Kit includes:
- Flat Head Tweezers
- Short Flat Brush
- Plastic Jar with Flocking Powder
The website includes instructions on how to apply the product.
- The package arrived safely and within two weeks, so not too long of a wait time.
- The tweezers I received arrived bent. This did not affect the item itself, but just something I noticed.
- The plastic jar in which the flocking powder is held had a crack running down the side. This and the bent tweezer were probable caused during shipping.
I followed instructions given on the website. I used China Glaze Splish Splash as my base color because it best match the color of the powder. when I applied the product and some interesting things happened during application.
- bald patches
- heavy patches due to attempt to repair bald patches
Although most of the unevenness was not noticeable from normal viewing distance.
Once everything was dry, I brush the excess off and when about my business.
No worries about washing your hand or taking a shower because the fuzz dries very quickly with no ill affects. It wears about 3 days with only tip wear from the polish showing.
Although I doubt most anyone would wear this for more than a day or two due to just the novelty of the product.
I would rate this product 7.5/10 due difficulties in getting an even application of the product across all nails.
You can buy the flocking velvet powder nail kit at the BornPrettyStore with my 10% coupon code GTBK31. You can get to the BornPrettyStore by just clicking the image.
On a side note, my friends (including the guy friends) were mesmerized by my velvet nails and kept wanting to touch them. Hahaha